Citrus and Ginger Popsicles Recipe
It's officially HOT in most parts of the country these days. What better way to survive the heat than with popsicles for the whole family? We love these citrus and ginger popsicles from 5 Minutes for Mom not only because they’re tasty -- they’re also great for helping keep your kids healthy during the summertime.
Citrus and Ginger Popsicles
Kids will love these citrus and ginger immune boosting popsicles.
- 1½ cups pure pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed)
- juice from one lemon (fresh squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pour pineapple juice into the container for your blender.
- Peel and mince a small piece of ginger root. Measure 1 teaspoon to add to the blender.
- Add fresh squeezed orange and lemon juices. If you do not have a juicer, squeeze the juice out by hand. Roll the fruit along the countertop. Slice each piece of fruit in half. Squeeze the juice into a bowl through a strainer to filter out seeds. Measure and pour into the blender container.
- Add honey. Puree the ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into a popsicle mold. Place the mold into the freezer.
- Once the popsicles are completely frozen, remove from the mold and enjoy!
How do these popsicles support a healthy immune system?
- Ginger: The ginger adds the perfect amount of zing to the popsicles, but it also has proven health benefits. Ginger root can help prevent infections by inhibiting the growth of many types of bacteria. It also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Pineapple: With antioxidants, enzymes, and vitamins, pineapple is an unsung super fruit. Its high levels of vitamin c, help to support the immune system. It also has several surprising benefits like supporting bone and eye health.
- Citrus: Sure! Citrus fruits have plenty of vitamin C which supports a strong immune system, but they also have other healthy nutrients like potassium and fiber. And with flavonoids, they are good for your heart too!
- Honey: Local honey is believed to help with seasonal allergies. Honey has other health benefits and can even help suppress coughs and soothe sore throats.